Saturday, November 19, 2005

Shadow Changes Into Bone

Well, here I found myself after Modblog went down once again for duo días. Two days without blogging and I grew impatient. But blog I must and even if my first home returns to normalcy, I'll still keep this as my second blog

I noticed when creating my blog here that my mercurius name was not available because it was in the system already but as my first mercurius incarnation at modblog. What was that about? Then I realized that I had been multitudinously "googled" (and once more for feeling) after three years "blogging" and since Google owns blogger...exactly.

It took me quite awhile to settle on this name. I was going for a Latin-ized name in keeping with mercurius. But what to use? Geminus for twinned or gemino for to double? I've got those four planets in Gemini I figured. Resumo, renovo, mutatio, replicado, de novo? Nothing quite said it and it became ridiculo. Good thing I'm not getting any tattoos soon for it would be the same thing with them. Settling on the Spanish for echo since that's what I might be doing here, mercuriuseco it shall be.

Phew!

7 comments:

Cyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mercurius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Good Hands said...

Buena noches mi Amiga! Yes, it is evening here and I do so miss San Francisco right about now. Spending the holidays in The City is such a great joy. I loved all the lights and the pyramid building looking like a spacey xmas tree with the Embarcadero buildings glowing like xmas presents. And I'm missing my friends celebrating together in the Haight too.

So glad you stopped by. I had started a blogger here at the same time I started one at the mod but did not want to spend the time learning the blogger system (since the mod was so much more fascinating, interesting and easy for me to understand). I loved your modblog layout. Hopefully it will return. Guess we'll just have to echo our way around here and keep our fingers in another world should it so choose to come back online.

heidiland said...

Hola Amiga! Good to see you up and running, and here is just as good a place as any. Really... when the blog muse calls... I'll be linkin' like lincoln logs. Or something. :P

Unknown said...

I think I would have gone with La Mercuriesa....I like that way that sounds.

The Moomin said...

ah, the eternal struggle to choose the proper username. i know that all too well.

i'm glad you started this blog. the legend must live on!

Sixty Bricks said...

lots of comments here
where is the donkey?